We knew that to ensure the product stood out from the crowd, we needed to base our strategy on robust insight. Here’s how we tackled this challenge:
- We started by conducting thorough primary research, including qualitative interviews across regions with HCPs to discuss market drivers and expected changes
- We provided market development scenarios allowing positioning to be framed at the market level, not just within a class
- Iterative concept development was crucial, so we enabled the strategy and insight teams to work collaboratively, ensuring agility throughout the development and testing period
- We conducted a market shaping workshop, inspiring regional involvement and buy-in and increasing investment
- We also up-skilled the medical team to improve understanding of the nature and benefits of commercial positioning
- We increased ownership of positioning approach locally, taking into consideration regional differences.
The strategy was a success, with the global positioning direction well-defined and well-received across the regions. As a result of the positioning approach, one registration trial was re-designed and a wider clinical development and data-collection plan was defined and developed to support the positioning strategy.
I have really enjoyed working with you all and I am really happy with outcome.
GLOBAL MARKET LEADER GU ONCOLOGY